- This event has passed.
Intro to Shamanism for Empowerment at FocusOm
October 17 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$50
Shamanism: An Introduction to
Ancient Shamanic Practices for
Empowerment in a Modern World
Wednesday, October 17th – 6:30 to 9:30pm
Held at FocusOm at 9045 Monroe Avenue, Brookfield, IL
An Experiential Introductory Class with Shamanic Practitioner Katherine Skaggs
This multi-cultural shamanic course is a foundation for living the ancient spiritual practices of direct revelation for transformation, and for living your life in power and unity.
Shamanism is a path of direct revelation for living your life in harmony and balance. It provides practical tools for grounding, clearing your energy, calling upon your allies and ancestors for support and guidance, and for clearing and releasing energies that create illness and disharmony. Shamanism teaches about the interconnectedness of all life, and guides us in not only gaining access to the power of the incredible web of life, but also working with it for greater peace, wellness and harmony.
Opening Ceremony – Experience a shamanic cleansing by smudge and sacred tobacco smoke, in addition to aqua de florida. Gather in a sacred circle to open a medicine wheel. Bring items for adding to the altar.
- Introduction to Shamanism – Learn about the history and basic principles of shamanism from around the world and how they apply to your life now. Open to the teachings of the sacredness of all life, and you as the creator of your world.
- Grounding – Learn the importance of grounding, with an experiential Tree of Life meditation.
- Cleansing – Learn easy practices to clean your energy each day and the importance of this for living a balanced and healthy life.
- Protection – Learn how to set up simple practices for keeping your energy clean and filled with love, protecting you from low frequency influences that are born of fear.
- Working with the Spirit World and Allies – Learn more about contacting spirit guides, animals, ancestors and allies to support you on your journey of life.
- Drum Journey to meet an Ally – Learn the power of the drum journey for gathering guidance and direct revelation. Drum journey to meet a helping ally, angel or totem animal to support you.
Close the Ceremony – Closing ceremony is equally important as opening ceremony. As we opened the time together, we will release the directions and allies in similar fashion backwards. Once this is done, smoke will again be put into your energy field to protect you and assist you in integration of your experience for days to come.
Katherine Skaggs, Teacher, Shamanic Practitioner, Visionary Artist
Katherine Skaggs brings more than 30 years experience as a holistic healing practitioner, dream interpreter, visionary artist, spiritual teacher and guide. She has trained extensively with the Power Path School of Shamanism since 2007, including work with indigenous shamans from the Shipibo, Q’ero and Huichol traditions. Her specialties include energy clearing and balancing, sacred song and sound healing, traditional feather healing, Shipibo massage and extraction, soul retrieval and remembering, as well as house/property clearing, ceremony, ritual and practices for personal transformation and empowerment.